YCA Online Academy
YCA Online Academy was created to offer a flexible alternative to delivering a Christian education to students and families. YCA Online Academy has more than 130 courses available for grades 6-12 including a variety of Bible classes for all grade levels, in addition to Advanced Placement and Dual-Credit courses. Our overall mission is to provide educational excellence in a Christ-centered environment and the addition of our online program will only help us accomplish this goal.
YCA Online Academy courses are rigorous and exceed all national and state standards. Because we consider the Bible to be central to academic excellence, YCA Online Academy integrates wisdom, examples, stories, characters and teaching from God’s word into our Christ-centered courses. Such integration coupled with high academic standards are the foundation of the program. The YCA Online Academy is powered by Sevenstar
YCA Online Academy is ideal for:
- Home school students
- Traditional students with unique scheduling conflicts
- Students needing additional credit for graduation or repeating a course
- Disabled students who are unable to attend traditional school
- Students desiring to gain college credit while in high school
- Students wanting to stay at YCA for high school
Yorktown Christian Academy's Online Academy is eager to meet the unique academic needs of students and families.
Click here for the current tuition and fees. All grades from K4 through Grade 12 have the same tuition and fees.
Do you have questions about our Online Academy? Contact us and let us know your questions or other concerns.
YCA Online Academy - Providing an Accredited High School for the YCA Community
According to the International Association for K-12 Online Learning, more than 1.5 million U.S. students are taking online courses at accredited online high schools, and that number continues to grow worldwide. Yorktown Christian Acadmey understands the unique benefits of online schooling and in 2012 opened its doors to the online world. YCA Online High School students study challenging, accredited, college preparatory courses, at their own pace, and with a flexible schedule. Students are taught by Christian teachers, enjoy stimulating, rigorous coursework at an accredited online high school, and earn a transcript that reflects the excellent reputation of Yorktown Christian Academy and its partnership with Sevenstar Academy.
YCA Online High School provides a rigorous and challenging college preparatory education for high school students in a Christian environment. All online high school courses are college preparatory, accredited, and have been developed to foster critical thinking skills and personal responsibility with high expectations for academic achievement and intellectual growth. Our online high school students enjoy a wide range of honors, AP, and dual-credit courses and a learning environment that is independent and engaging. Our online high school teachers respect the individual learning style and the potential each student brings to our school. Our objective is to stimulate creative and independent thought and to develop a lifelong love of learning, an abiding faith in Christ, and personal integrity.
Click here to download the Sevenstar Academy Graduation Requirements.
Need more information or have questions? Contact us so we can help you with these important decisions.
Top 10 Reasons to Get Your Online Courses from Us
- It has a Christian mission with Christian teachers, material, and biblical worldview integration to promote spiritual growth.
- The education is provided by Sevenstar Academy, which is regionally accredited by the NCA through AdvancED.
- The courses are recognized by the NCAA.
- There are 10 College Board approved AP and 200+ Dual Credit courses available.
- Every core course is based on national standards and includes a certified teacher.
- Most courses require no additional materials.
- Students are engaged with multimedia, online discussions, critical thinking, and oral assessments.
- Students set their pace and are held accountable, but the pace can be adjusted to meet individual needs.
- The school and parents are kept informed on student progress with proactive email alerts.
- Quick enrollment - new students can start every Monday.