Our Purpose & Admissions Guidelines
Yorktown Christian Academy is a Christ-centered school established to provide a thorough academic education built upon a biblical worldview, assisting parents in the education of their children, and integrating biblical faith with academic excellence, while challenging students to reach their highest potential for the glory of Jesus Christ.
The mission of Yorktown Christian Academy is to equip students to become Christ-centered servant leaders in our community and around the world.
Non-Discriminatory Admissions Policy
Yorktown Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, gender, nationality, or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally made available to all students. Yorktown Christian Academy practices a biblical philosophy of admissions, not discriminating on the basis of race, color, gender, nationality, or ethnic origin in the administration of its policies, admissions, scholarships, athletic, and other school-directed programs.
Yorktown Christian Academy reserves the right to prohibit enrollment of anyone not meeting basic Christian beliefs, including but not limited to, beliefs on homosexuality, sexual promiscuity, theft, alcohol consumption, illegal drugs, etc. To this end, the school Board of Directors shall be the sole arbiter of the definitions of those beliefs.
Statement of Faith
What does it mean "salvation by faith in Christ"?
Click here to see a tract that describes how a person can know for sure that he is going to heaven.
Yorktown Christian Academy is an independent Christian school ministering to evangelical Christian families in the Corpus Christi, TX area. YCA is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), which is recognized by Texas Education Association (TEA) the Texas Private School Accreditation Committee (TPSCA). ACSI has over 5,300 member schools in 100 countries.
Guidelines and Information
The following policies and information apply to students seeking admission to YCA:
- At least one parent must give a written account of how they came to know the Lord and be in agreement with the YCA Statement of Faith and Mission statement.
- Students must have a record of good behavior.
- No student who is currently suspended, expelled, on academic or disciplinary probation, or required to attend an alternative learning center may be considered for admission to YCA.
- Students must demonstrate a capacity to academically succeed at YCA in reading and math. Achievement scores from previous school will be accepted for consideration if taken within one year of application date.
- A parent interview is conducted with parent(s) or guardian(s). Both parents are required to attend the interview. The parents in a given family must first be admitted to YCA before any child in that family may be admitted to YCA.
- After the family interview and the admissions packet has been completed and submitted, YCA will review all paperwork and determine admittance or denial of admittance. Decisions by YCA are final.
- No provisions are available for children requiring special education.
- The application process may take a minimum of two weeks to complete. Some applications may take longer to process depending on testing and scheduling needs. The admissions office will make every effort to expedite each application.
Please call the YCA Office at 361-985-9960 for any additional information needed or email your inquiry to the Admissions Office.
Limited tuition assistance is available to school families on a financial need basis. Further information is available from the YCA Office at 361-985-9960.