Would you rather your son or daughter try on someone else's faith? ... or have their own?
When your son or daughter leaves home they'll be confronted with an attractive display of ideas and beliefs. They might even be tempted to try them on and see how they fit. Make sure their faith already fits. Yorktown Christian Academy is designed to challenge, inspire, and prompt students to own a faith based on the unchangeable truth of Scripture and the compelling grace of Christ ... just like you taught your kids.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30)
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33);
- His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26);
- His miracles (John 2:11);
- His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35);
- His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9);
- His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4);
- His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19);
- His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved. (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; 5:18)
- We believe that that the term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18-25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God's command is that there be no sexual intimacy outside of or apart from marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either male or female in conformity with their biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26-27).
Final Authority for Matters of Belief and Conduct
The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Yorktown Christian Academy’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, the Board of Directors is Yorktown Christian Academy’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.